? ATTENTION KRATOM ACTIVISTS ?
Want to know EXACTLY what do say to your rep on the phone about SITSA?
Please follow our instructions…?
The purpose of Talking Points for contacting your representative is to urge them to NOT include any botanical supplement in the broad ranging opioid bills. There are over 50 bills moving and our call to action is in opposition to any botanicals being included in any opioid bill or use of broad language which could include any botanicals.
Talking Points ?️?️
1) Kratom is a natural botanical native to South East Asia that is part of the coffee family. It has been safely used by people in South East Asia for hundreds of years. The FDA claims that kratom is a drug, opioid, an analogue of an opioid, or a synthetic opioid substance is directly contradicted by the science.
2) The kratom plant and extracts are safe. Reports of deaths or other adverse medical events are the result of adulterated or contaminated kratom products laced with toxic doses of illegal substances; polydrug use by addicts; or underlying health conditions that have nothing to do with the use of kratom.
3) Based on surveys, 3 to 5 million Americans use Kratom and strongly support their right as consumers to have access to natural supplements to manage their own health and well-being.
4) Leading American Scientists have confirmed that Kratom is safe to consume and about as habit forming as coffee. This is referred to in the June 21, 2018 letter to Congressional leaders from Dr. Jack Henningfield of Johns Hopkins University Medical School which was co-signed by other leading scientists in pain management and addiction specialties.
5) Please support amendments to opioid legislation which would exempt natural botanical plants and herbs that are not synthetic analogues of opioids and protect the rights of American consumers to have access to safe alternative natural products to manage their health and well-being.
Below is a chart of state representative priority based on the committees and the representatives from which states serve on these committees. If your state is highlighted then it is a priority.
Please SHARE this message to all kratom activists so we can be on the same page. One unified message is crucial to our success! ✅✅